Calderdale Council of Town Hall, Crossley Street, Halifax, HX1 1UJ is registered with the information
Commissioners Office (ICO) under the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018. The Council takes its
responsibilities under the Act very seriously. This privacy notice explains how your personal information will be
processed in order for us to agree to you filming at the location detailed on the application form.
The type of information we will collect
The following information will be collected directly from you:
• Name and address
• email address
• telephone number
• emergency contact number for use during filming if necessary
Why we collect and hold this information
Your personal information is collected for the following purposes:
• To process your application
• To ensure permission has been given by the Council to use Council land/resources for the filming.
• To enable communication and coordination between partners to help minimise any adverse impact.
This includes exchanging risk assessments, filming schedules, and other relevant information.
• To ensure the correct process is followed for approval of any road closures.
• For public liability insurance purposes and to indemnify the Council against any liability for damages
or costs incurred.
The lawful basis for the processing of your information
• Article 6(1)(b) – processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is
party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract
• Article 6(1)(e) – processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in
the exercise of official authority vested in the controller
Sharing your personal data
Your personal information will be shared where necessary with the following organisations:
• members of the event Safety Advisory Group (eSAG):
− Calderdale Council services: Parking, Planning and Highways, Health and Safety, Registration
and Licencing, Insurance
− West Yorkshire Police
− West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service
− Yorkshire Ambulance Service
• West Yorkshire Combined Authority (WYCA)
• Environment Agency
• Utilities companies
• Screen Yorkshire
• Other individuals or organisations that may be directly affected by the filming.
We will never share your information with third parties without your consent unless the law allows us to do so.
How long we will keep your information
Calderdale Council will retain your information for a maximum of 6 years and 4 months from the date the site
is handed back following the completion of filming.
If the Council is informed of an incident or personal injury at an event during the retention period stated
above, the information may be retained for a longer period for that purpose.
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals. Not all rights are absolute and therefore will only apply
in certain circumstances:
1. The right to be informed
2. The right of access
3. The right to rectification
4. The right to erasure
5. The right to restrict processing
6. The right to data portability
7. The right to object
8. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Please contact the Council’s Events and Licensing Officer Peter Vardy at email@example.com for
You also have the right to complain to the Data Protection Officer if you feel that your data has not been
handled in accordance with the law. The Council’s Data Protection Officer is Tracie Robinson and can be
contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk